Sacramento, CA asked in Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for California

Q: i have 2 tort claims i intend to file n california at the same time and pay a lawyer after case is proven

i have been falsely accused of theft by a big corporation however they claimed to have proof and the video that the P.D did not show prooof of accusations and has prevented me from gainful employment due to its pending status. Now i have to go to trail the only evidence i had was the receipt however I can get the number assocociated with the card mentioned in incident. my other case would be negligence from a agency that supports healthy living but neglicted even up until today to acknowledge my certificate for housing which is delaying housing . the first case also promotes this issue as well. Is there anything that can be done

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More info needed.

1st you must find a tort lawyer who agrees to take your case on a contingency... that usually means a lawyer must invest his/her own money.

To go to trial could possibly be $25,000 to $100,000 in costs for the lawyer and involve weeks or months in trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.