Orange Park, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: In Florida, Can a voluntary Association transfer expired covenants (over 20 years expired per s.712) to an other group

and the other group revive the covenants and put their name on them and make them, and make them mandatory so the property owners have to pay them? This is with out votes...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: It depends on what you mean by "group?" Revitalization is a very technical process and there must be a vote with a majority of the homeowners approving revitalization. If the revitalization was sent to the Dept. of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and obtained a confirmation, the homeowners have a very short period to petition DEO to reverse the decision.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.