Victorville, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Hello I want to become a foster parent. But my partner of 16yrs has a conviction of murder when he was 17 he's now 65.

Is there a way to get the exempt? Or turned into a lesser charge?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry, this is not an area I have handled.

I suggest you contact a Criminal Lawyer and Family Law attorney in your area to present all the facts.

Sometimes a felony can be reduced under 17b to a misdemeanor and then under 1203 be dismissed. It depends on the facts of the case and, of course, nothing is more serious than Murder.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.