East Orange, NJ asked in Civil Litigation for New Jersey

Q: If the general equity court rules in favor of money judgement how does it get enforced? will this court enforce it?

Estimates have been provided to the court but no money judgement has been made yet. case has been going for 2 1/2 years now and now more damage has been done to property. Recently filed a motion which was scheduled to be heard 010722 but as of today, no ruling yet. Motion asked that the court sanction the aggessor and make her pay for damages. New evidence of the aggessor in the act of damaging property, video evidence was also provided but no ruling yet. Do I have to make a civil suit against the aggessor in a separate court like the Special Part Civil court to get reimbursed for repairs already done and for the estimates that were handed in to the court already for the rest of the rerpairs and which I have paid receipts for as well? Or will the Chancery court go after the agggessor for the money. I am pro se.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: More facts are necessary for a more meaningful answer. The question is also not clear. If you do not know how to enforce a judgment, you are going to need to retain an experienced civil litigation attorney, if it is cost effective.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.