Friendswood, TX asked in Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: what happens to me now and can I get them to stop?

The place I'm rent and still have a vail lease that doesn't run out for a 2 years. Now the place has been abandon by the owner and seized by the county. To settle out hoa debts. Now the hoa is harassing me daily to run me off. This is in Texas.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You do have some rights, however, you may need to start a lawsuit, in court, to assert your rights. You would need to find out if there are any pending foreclosure proceedings and whether or not, your landlord is still alive, or find out where they are and what their status is right now.

All of that information will be needed if you wish to ask a court to help you out.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.