Dayton, OH asked in Real Estate Law for Ohio

Q: Noisy Community

I live at a 2 bedroom apartment on the first floor next to the building entrance and the stairs. The main bedroom is next to the apartment entrance and we don’t sleep in it because we simply can’t! Noisy neighbors running on the stairs and slamming doors. In addition to the upstairs neighbor with a squeaky floor we can hear wherever he goes. What can I ask my landlord do? Change me apartment with no fees? Terminate my lease with no fees?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You can ask the landlord, but landlord doesn't have to agree. You could try paying rent into escrow. Check your local court web site for the rent escrow process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.