Long Beach, CA asked in Divorce, Real Estate Law and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: I have a commuting property with my ex wife going on three years now. She was awarded the home as I had a TRO she filed.

She has since given it to squatters and taken it off the market. We were supposed to have an escrow account made for when it sold. Because of my TRO I have not been there and the realtor says it’s in such bad shape all the time she can’t even show it. How can I prove she abandoned the home and the court order? I am financially drained from this divorce and now I fear I’m facing a foreclosure because of her actions.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Get the realtor to write a letter that she can't show it and get a friend to drive by and take pictures.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.