Atlanta, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: Should I get a lawyer? 20 years old caught going 99 on a 70-speed limit highway to a place of worship Sunday morning.

Hi. Would you advise me to get a lawyer? The officer told me that I will most likely have my license immediately suspended (because I am under 21) for a minimum of a year, but that is not favorable to me because I am a college student that commutes to campus. Will getting a lawyer lessen the chance of this going on my driving record? Is it even worth it because since I am 20, will the law be harsher towards me since I have less than 3 years of driving experience? I was pulled over on my way to Sharpsburg in Coweta county. I wasn't charged w/ reckless driving; I was only given a speeding ticket and charged "SPEEDING IN EXCESS OF MAXIMUM LIMITS". I am mandated to appear in court in Newnan, GA. On the ticket, it is noted that the weather was clear, dry & concrete road, medium traffic, and in daylight (in case this info. helps!). I had NO accidents, NO injuries, and NO fatalities.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Candace Alynn Hill Duvernay
Candace Alynn Hill Duvernay
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: 99 in a 70 is considered a super speeder citation in Georgia. It may be wise to get an attorney to help increase the chance that you can save your license.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.