Atlanta, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: Should I get a lawyer? 20 years old caught going 99 on a 70-speed limit highway to a place of worship Sunday morning.

Hi. Would you advise me to get a lawyer? The officer told me that I will most likely have my license immediately suspended (because I am under 21) for a minimum of a year, but that is not favorable to me because I am a college student that commutes to campus. Will getting a lawyer lessen the chance of this going on my driving record? Is it even worth it because since I am 20, will the law be harsher towards me since I have less than 3 years of driving experience? I was pulled over on my way to Sharpsburg in Coweta county. I wasn't charged w/ reckless driving; I was only given a speeding ticket and charged "SPEEDING IN EXCESS OF MAXIMUM LIMITS". I am mandated to appear in court in Newnan, GA. On the ticket, it is noted that the weather was clear, dry & concrete road, medium traffic, and in daylight (in case this info. helps!). I had NO accidents, NO injuries, and NO fatalities.