Nacogdoches, TX asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: Is there anything that can be done legally?

I got a car from a private party. It wasnt in my name yet, and was uninsured.

I let someone borrow the vehicle and they never returned.

I was able to track my phone that was left in the vehicle to the private residence of the towing companies owner on the side of the road, accessible by the public.

It was found with stolen license plates, and the interior panels removed (dash panel, console, rear console, driver seat panel)

And if anyone has installed aftermarket radios in any vehicle, those wouldn't just pop off in a wreck

It was not behind any sort of gate or even under surveillance as I was able to access my vehicle without anyone approaching me.

I later came to find out that my vehicle was used to transport hefty amounts of illegal drugs and the tow truck driver himself was requested by name and also was told by a mutual friend that the girl returned to the vehicle after it was towed to retrieve the drugs from the vehicle. is there really nothing that can be done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You could possibly sue them but there is no point suing someone who doesn't have any money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.