Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: How do I remove unwanted trespassing, unwanted guests no longer wanted in a home without a lease agreement?

Guest of home owner wishes that said guests would vacate property once granted for a short period, now no longer granted to leave said property. Guest were granted access to home, for a period of time, to find new housing, violated verbal agreement, by not finding other housing within that time permitted. Once home owner asked guest to leave, guests did not follow the request they instead, have ignored all verbal requests and now come and go as they please, locking in dogs, all day, so none can enter room. Guests do not receive mail at said property, nor have any written agreement to stay on property or keys to room, have broken laws by breaking and entering numurs times and on camera. Have verbally assault other residents and have threatened harm numerous times when asked to leave property by home owner and other residents living in said home. Home owner is retired and has low income coming in monthly and can not afford an eviction notice, or a lawyer. Is scared for her own safety.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: The only legal remedy is filing a Detainer Warrant, and that is what he should do today.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.