Los Angeles, CA asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law, Business Law and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: do we have to have answer a interrogatory and admission is there a form we can file to refude to answer till court date

1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth Sisco
Kenneth Sisco
  • Norco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The flippant, snarky, and downright rude (apologies) answer is, "Yes, it is called a 'Request for dismissal of your case,' or if you are the Defendant, it is called 'Withdrawal of Answer to Complaint.' If you want to litigate your case, and go to trial, then you must participate in the litigation. Responding to discovery is a major part of that process. Both sides have the right to ask the other, What are the facts supporting your position? If you refuse to respond to proper items of discovery, your case will be dismissed, or if you are the Defendant, you will be defaulted, and Judgment will be entered against you.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.