Vacaville, CA asked in Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: I have nuisance neighbors. Property management is not solving the issue. I have 3 police reports. What can I do?

I moved here in August. This has been going on since September 2021. I don’t know what to do. They wait until I go to bed to start stomping, slamming doors, dragging things across the floor. They had a camera in their car window pointing towards my apartment until I notified the office. They are a military couple. I have even tried contacted the Commander on base but since it’s off base he said it’s out of their jurisdiction and I would have to contact the local police which I have quite a few times. Also during the day. I work from home and where I sit is where the noise is above my head. I have contacted the office numerous times but the situation gets worse.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Get yourself a lawyer who can help you file a nuisance claim against your neighbors. Keep accurate records of each instance when your peace and quiet has been disturbed. Video and/or audio of the noises will be helpful. Don't delay.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.