Belton, TX asked in Divorce and Domestic Violence for Texas

Q: Bell County, TX Divorce proceedings due to my spouse false allegations of violence In settlement. lawsuit?

Bell County, Texas


I filed divorce proceedings due to my spouse false allegations of domestic violence. I'm am a professional firefighter of 26 years. I can prove I wasn't there and she's lying. I was arrested, "forced" to retire due to financial constraints, defamed. Made settlement in mediation for money, its still being processed right now. I'm fighting charges, but unsatisfied with legal representation (opinion).

Is there any civil recourse like malicious prosecution or slander/libel? Or anything?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Retain new cousel if you are unhappy, Domestic violence is a serious charge. If you can prove she was lying she could be charged with a false police report, You may be able to sue her for malicious prosecution if you are found not guilty,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.