Belton, TX asked in Divorce and Domestic Violence for Texas

Q: Bell County, TX Divorce proceedings due to my spouse false allegations of violence In settlement. lawsuit?

Bell County, Texas

Hello,

I filed divorce proceedings due to my spouse false allegations of domestic violence. I'm am a professional firefighter of 26 years. I can prove I wasn't there and she's lying. I was arrested, "forced" to retire due to financial constraints, defamed. Made settlement in mediation for money, its still being processed right now. I'm fighting charges, but unsatisfied with legal representation (opinion).

Is there any civil recourse like malicious prosecution or slander/libel? Or anything?