Asked in Probate for Massachusetts

Q: My dad died with a Will. My mom died intestate. The house was left to 6 children. 1 died before her death. Succession?

Probate listed the 6 grandchildren of the deceased daughter. How does it go now? Since have lost 3 more direct heir

My dad died in 1991 left all estate to mom. sister died died 2008 without a will. 3 brothers passed within past 5 years. Who inherits the property ( house) in Massachusetts

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: So, assuming that Mom was a Massachusetts resident who did not remarry, all of her children would receive equal shares of the real estate and if a child( one of your siblings ) predeceased your Mom , then if they had issue, the issue would step into the shoes of the deceased parent. If a child of Mom's died after she died, then the estate of the deceased child of your mother would take the share.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.