Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for California

Q: I am alienated parent and can I sue people and family who knowingly not disclosing where my kid is?

I filed divorce in Oregon and my soon to be ex skipped the state. Supposedly she moved back to CA according to her lawyer. She took our kid with her and I don't know where they are. I haven't been able to serve divorce paper. I have been searching on the internet, hired PI, I confronted her previous partner who supposedly provided temporally housing, I confronted with her son from other partner they all knew where my soon to be ex and kid is but not telling me. I haven't seen my kid for almost two years now.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: you can always sue anyone for anything.

the question is will you win?

they do not owe you a duty to cooperate

there is service by publication ........however this is not my area of is not domestic violence nor criminal law or PI.....

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.