Greenfield, OH asked in Landlord - Tenant and Divorce for Ohio

Q: Can I evict my husband if he moved out two weeks ago an lives in another town in ohio

My house in owned an in my name. If not can any other measures be taken to keep him from destroying my house there has been nothing filed but he has takin residence in another home

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Ohio courts can make orders when parties are in the process of a divorce and they need to get rules in place quickly such as who will remain in the marital home or pay certain debts. As part of the court's temporary orders one party can be ordered to vacate the marital home and forced to find a new place to live while the divorce is pending. In such an order the party forced to vacate is usually prohibited from returning to the marital home. Parties can be ordered to pay debts and other living expenses as well as to pay child support and/or spousal support prior to the final order for divorce. When parties are unsure of their rights pursuant to Divorce it is always best to seek the advice and consultation of an experienced attorney. Failure to seek the advice of an attorney can result in a loss of assets.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.