Waverly, OH asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I am trying to file for divorce, we agreed to do a dissolution and certain days for the father to see our son.

The father then got on drugs and rarely saw my son. He went to jail in november 2021, then to rehab and is now in a transitional housing unit, and still rarely seeing or contacting him. Is there anything I can do to fight this, besides getting a lawyer due to me having no job,as i am a stay at home mom?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Waverly Family Legal Aid & Pro Bono Services

Ross County Rural Victims Assistance Program

(740) 702-3190

28 N. Paint Street

Chillicothe, OH 45601

Family and Domestic Violence


Southeastern Ohio Legal Services

(740) 773-0012

73 East Water Street

Chillicothe, OH 45601

Family, Bankruptcy, Divorce and Estate Planning

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.