Warren, MI asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Michigan

Q: Mom tricked me into signing wrong papers giving her full custody of my children, it was only suppose to be temp.

She tricked me into signing a paper saying that it was temporary, and it was for full custody. She had a lawyer and I didn't I trusted her and she is living her second attempt at raising children with my kids, because I asked for help, she did this in order to relive her lost parenthood, and to recieve benefits from state from covid and child support from me. I don't know where to start to.get my kids back, everything is fine now, home, job,transportation, food, everything is in order and she refuses to give them back. What legal action can I take?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You're not going to get very far arguing you were tricked. You now need to focus on whether there is a legal change of circumstance or proper cause for the court to reconsider custody, and what are the best interest of the child factors.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.