Los Angeles, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for California

Q: The people of my county are struggling with our local government's participation in corruption, malicious prosecution

Our small town is apart of a county that has a history of embezzlement, tax fraud, police corruption and stalking/harassment and various other crimes. There are a number of people who are interested in a class action lawsuit and at the very least an avenue of protection from our local government. What can I do ?!

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to find a law firm that can handle such claims. You can use Google to conduct a search. Or, you can go to the Los Angeles County Bar Association's website (LACBA.org) and use their Lawyer Referral Service, which is an excellent source. You will need to prepare a packet of information, including a chronological history of your dispute, making sure to identify all witnesses, and relating your story to any documents in your possession which will help in telling your story. Put that together and then send it to as many law firms as you can identify which might be able to help you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.