Baton Rouge, LA asked in Family Law for Louisiana

Q: I would like to take the pro se route to remove a curator over my son ( suffered a severe TBI). I’m the under curator

His father was appointed curator and I was made the under curator because I’m a out of state resident. He is blocking me from seeing my son or getting medical updates on his condition. I hv been by my sins side since the accident that occurred in September of 2021. When I tried to visit after I found out he was moved overnight from the LTAC to OLOL hospital he has notified security to not allow me to visit with no reason given.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Although you indicated you want to go the pro se route, since you posted, I will first reply to suggest that you consult with a lawyer to discuss the pros and cons of going the pro se route in this matter, as well as so the consulting attorney can review the legal pleadings. Furthermore, if the legal pleadings where the father was named curator and you the under curator involved an attorney, then you might consider contacting the attorney and advising of your issues with the curator. It is possible the father does not understand his duties as curator as well as the right of the under curator to be involved. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.