Orange, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: I live in California, have 2 prior Posession w/ intent felonies and a dui/gbi that gave me violent strike...

I recently was charged with a 3rd possession w intent and felon in possession of a firearm... what am I looking at and will my previous strike affect my sentencing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: much more info is needed.

what court, who is DA, more info on prior criminal involvement.

criminal law is not a precise science...........sentences may vary and most people on this site are not the best historians. Thus if a lawyer is to give you info, there is a good chance it will not be accurate.

the person you should ask is your lawyer. S/he will have all the info, police report, your record, and an idea of how far the DA/Judge can be pushed.

the courts are still congested from Covid, In Indio, we are still about 2,000 cases backed up. Many lawyers can use that to your benefit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.