Austin, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: me and my fiancé were caught stealing from heb and the store we stole from made a police report.

Hello, me and my fiancé both work for heb and we were experiencing some financial struggles so we would steal food when grocery shopping at different stores but on Father’s Day we stole quite a bit of meat and we were caught and our store management placed us on paid suspension but made us aware that the store we stole from in Hidalgo country made a police report and we needed to answer a phone call from the detective but if I didn’t answer then I would have a warrant for my arrest. We aren’t sure what to do next

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Don't talk to the detective. Don't answer any questions from anyone from law enforcement or HEB. If charges have been filed, you can call a bail bondsman to post the bond and get a court date. After that, you will need to find a lawyer to defend you in your case. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.