Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Was my Fourth amendment right violated

I was at a motel the police got called for a misdemeanor burglary of a vehicle it was probably 3 or 4 hours after the alleged incident early in the morning maybe 6:00 cops got called I was in the room by myself they knocked on the door kept knocking I didn't answer the door I didn't make no noise they ended up breaking into my room finding controlled substances. I was on parole at that time but I did a little bit of research and in the state of Texas the parole officer is the one that conducts the warrantless search with the presence of a police officer if needed. And even if they did have a warrant it would have only been a misdemeanor how can they break into my room for a misdemeanor then charge me with everything that was in the room

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I see that you have asked questions related to this situation before...you really are not going to get a complete answer on a free forum. You need to bring these concerns to either your appointed attorney, or the attorney you hire on your case. You MIGHT have issues to object to the search for being unlawful, but you are not going to be able to know for sure by asking questions online. Make an appointment with your appointed attorney and bring these specific concerns to them, and ask them to go over the evidence with you. Or, if you have the means, hire an attorney to investigate the specific evidence of your case, and advise you fully. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.