Helendale, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: How do I give notice for a hearing set due to an ex parte (Family Law - Los Angeles County)?

I am petitioner in my child's custody case and had filed an ex parte. It was granted and a hearing was set to determine supervised visits for the Respondent. The commissioner wrote, "The Court sets the case for RFOMOD - Custody, Visitation on August 12, 2022 at 8:30 AM in Department D. Petitioner is to give notice." I texted the Respondent about our court case, so he is aware. However, is there a specific form for Los Angeles County Family Law that I need to file and serve to him to have on record that I gave notice of the upcoming court hearing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: He needs to be served with a copy of your RFO. The RFO should reflect the hearing date, time and location. That's what it means to give notice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.