Los Alamitos, CA asked in Consumer Law and Small Claims for California

Q: Hi, wanted to know if I have a case. I paid a guy to work on my car. He's bought the parts but never worked on my car.

I have all conversations saved. Can i sue to get my money back from this guy?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: anyone can sue at any time.........will you win is one of the issues............AND

can you find a lawyer?

In addition, will the legal costs be more than the damages.

anything in writing?

had it happen to me with tiles/bricks..........if you sue in small claims court and get a verdict, will you be able to collect?

Scott Richard Kaufman agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.