Modesto, CA asked in Employment Law for California

Q: want to know if I have a good case if I get a lawyer read below

He keeps saying he don’t have phone number only email. I try to email and it don’t go through. He says he needs me back at work but if I supplied the release letter from workman’s comp nd regular doctor it shouldn’t be taking this long to get back to work. He keeps switching stories in who needs to clear me. I’m still in the system as having a job there but there not working me since April 9 got hurt release letters we’re on 05/03/2022 the other was on 04/22/2022 I want to get a lawyer but not sure if I have a case. Hard to live with no job. Can’t pay rent or my other bills

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maya L. Serkova
Maya L. Serkova
  • Orange, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I am sorry you are going through this. However, more facts would need to be known in order to tell you if you have a case. I suggest you consult an employment law attorney who will further examine your situation and explain your options. Most employment law attorneys in California offer free of charge initial consultations and thereafter may take your case on a contingency basis, meaning you do not have to pay attorney’s fees unless and until there is a positive outcome for you. They may also advance either all or partial costs of litigation.

You can look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section or go to California Employment Layers Association (, an organization whose members are committed to representing employees’ rights. Best of luck.


Maya L. Serkova

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.