Pass Christian, MS asked in Divorce for Louisiana

Q: I am officially divorced. The papers are filed with the courts. I have an attorney. No property settlement after 1 yr.

No one has told me what spouse wants. I might agree. We only own one small house. I just want to have the judge decide at this point but nothing happens. What can be done? I am not from Lousianna and I have never heard of finalizing a divorce first, befor property settlement. I got a appraisal on house. I'm stuck.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Speak to your attorney about your concerns. Your attorneys know the specifics of your matter better than anyone on this Board does.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.