Elizabethtown, KY asked in Child Support for Kentucky

Q: Is there a higher earner factor to child support in Kentucky?

My ex spouse earns approx 400k a year in California and I between 30 - 65k (commission based) in Kentucky. I have received 1688 monthly for our 2 children still under 18 w/out any other help and they are with him approximately 6 weeks in the year. I unfortunately forfeited alimony (married 17 years) as I just wanted out and wasn’t advised very well.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: The guidelines go quite high in calculating income but if the earnings exceed the top of the chart, the court can make the necessary computations and adjustments to properly calculate the appropriate amount.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.