Houston, TX asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Texas

Q: I was involved in a wreck. after 9 weeks I found out I was not at fault.

I had purchased insurance that covers my car only through my dealership(DS). they told me they would be in contact with the insurance company to get the repairs taken care of (they do some in-house repairs and what not) I requested a bill for the impound fees, the car was towed after the wreck 458 (additional 140 towing to the DS). 3 wks later no word so I called DS. i informed my car was just sitting there bc the faulted on paying the premium so they aren't sure if the insurance will cover it, or they pay out of pocket. 7wks into it I called requesting a total owed to get the car back after repairs, 453 + 250 deductible = 750 is what I'm expecting to hear. nope, 453. I was confused but okay with it bc I didn't have all the cash. week goes by, I finally get mail from my old address... a letter from the other person's insurance saying I could take my car anywhere and the auto storage bill. do I have a legal case? my DS has lied since the beginning.

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: Yes, you have some legal remedies and at this point in time I think you should consult with an accident/injury lawyer to guide you through this process, especially if you have physical injuries. Most accident/injury lawyers will provide a free consul so please take a few of them up on it and then hire the one with whom you are most comfortable. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.