Ocala, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: My son is scared to go to his dad. We have a court order, it is my sons dads today to have him.

My son told his dad he has a problem with the drinking at his dads, his dad told him there’s no drinking though. My son told him he doesn’t want to go to his house and his dad told him “to bad there’s a court order “


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pamela J. Fero
Pamela J. Fero
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Do whatever it takes to encourage your child to maintain a relationship with his father. Inform your ex that his behavior affecting your son and try to work things out. If all efforts fail, consult with your attorney to determine the best way to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.