Hayward, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Personal Injury for California

Q: Looking for a tort attorney with experience in public entities lawsuits

Disabled child abused at a charter school, school is ignoring it with bias investigation, and haven't reported it to outside agencies

2 Lawyer Answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A California attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Don't lose further time awaiting a reply. Just reach out to tort law firms. They'll let you know whether or not they would handle such a case, after you discuss it in more detail. You're losing valuable time awaiting a response because some entities involve short notice of claim requirements, which could sometimes be in the order of days (time to formally initiate a claim). I don't know whether your situation entails such notice elements, but you should determine that without further delay. Law firms you contact should be able to advise you on that. You could search for law firms on your own, you could use the tab above "Find-a-Lawyer," and you could check with the State Bar of California for their attorney referral resources. I hope your child is okay. Good luck

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I am a California attorney and am here if you need help for a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.