Los Angeles, CA asked in Real Estate Law and Criminal Law for California

Q: A quitclaim deed was filed as Interspousal but the notary name is the same as the person transferring property.

The person transferring the property was not a notary. How do I reverse

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: tHIS is NOT a 'workers compensation' matter, nor is it family law. But it might be criminal! The Notary Attestation indicates that Notary was provided legally-adequate proof that person signing was who they claimed to be. I was a Notary Public for 20 years, and a Notary may never "witness" their own signature. So A COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE which commissions Notaries, they need to know a notary is mis-using the commission. The document might be 'filed' but no title company or government entity will recognize it as being valid. The Quitclaim Deed needs to be properly attested and witnessed. What you describe here is not.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.