Detroit, MI asked in Civil Rights for Michigan

Q: Who should I contact if my grandmother is calling me a fool for praying aloud to God?

She also has the owner of Galesburg speedway aka my cousin here trying to expose any and every thing he can ever dig up convince people to lie about or whatever to harass me for my religious beliefs.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: I do not believe there is anyone to report this to. If you are a minor, and in your grandmother's care, then you should talk with an adult at your school. If you are an adult, then you need to make a decision as to whether this relationship is worthwhile or beneficial. You can choose to disengage with people; you don't have to subject yourself to what you may feel is harassment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.