This site is undergoing scheduled maintenance. Please check back in a few minutes.
Columbia, TN asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee

Q: Can I sue My daughter’s friend for wrecking my car? I’ve had a stroke, my insurance lapsed, she rear ended someone

Police report was not made as the girl says the much older other driver basically talked them out of calling. My car is messed up and the drivers dad says she’s not responsible. Am I out of luck?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Sure. You could sue her for the property damage. Winning and collecting may be another issue. A lot more facts would be needed to assess your case. Consult a local attorney to determine your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.