Calvert City, KY asked in Divorce, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Kentucky

Q: What course of action can I take when my kids step-father threatens me?

he has past documents from his first marriage that he was emotionally and physically abusvie. I am worried my kids are being or will be abused in the future. He also told the children who are 11 and 8 after a vacation they got henia tattoos and he told them if they ever get real tattoos he will cut the flesh off to remove it.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Take a criminal

Complaint against him for terroristic threatening, harassment, Harassing communications and menacing. You may also want to consider an EPO or an IPO against him as well.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.