Sonora, CA asked in Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Seeking help to see if I have a good case for malpractice

Late last year in 2021, my mother who was 80 years old and lives in Brentwood, CA underwent a surgery at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto to try and stop the shaking in her hands. They placed rods in her head with a device in her chest that would allow my mom to control her shaking. Early this year, she was told by her doctor, they had placed the rods in the wrong place.

On August 16, 2022, my now 81-year-old mother went back to Stanford for another surgery to correct the location of the rods. After the surgery she started having seizures and had to be placed on medication to stop them. She can’t move the right side of her body, is in constant pain, and is now bed ridden. She was released from the hospital on September 20, 2022 and placed in a care facility Meadow Wood at O’Connor Woods in Stockton.

I want to hold Stanford accountable for what they have done to my mom & best friend. My family is devastated. My dad has no quality of life with her, he spends all day at her bedside.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Sorry to hear this. More information is needed, but don't share it here. Speak with a local medical practice attorney. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.