Asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My fiance is 66 and disabled and has serious health issues. Is there any way I can get him medically released from jail

My boyfriend health issues are as follows. High Blood Pressure, COPD,Severe Back and knee problems, Arthritis, Sleep Apena and Congested Heart Failure. Is there any way he can get medically released because of his health

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: MRIS is a program in the texas department of Corrections that allows for screening and movement into a more medically intensive environment for a prisoner. There is a process to get evaluated and then the Doctors and /or administrators decide what measures of care and/or even release, would be best for the inmate's health.

You need an experienced attorney to get through this process. Please be sure anyone you wish to work with has the full history of the inmate's crime, sentence, medical issues, and prognosis.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.