Hollister, CA asked in Criminal Law, Child Support, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: What can I do to stop them from losing my paperwork,changing the worker and I consolidate the case to modify this order?

When I my husband left his kids mom he had his kids.Dcss garnished his wages for welfare she collected while they were still together. While going to court the mother applied for welfare in another county where she was in a drug rehab . That county sent him a notice for paternity.He called them right away told them he has the kids then drove 3+hours to give them proof.They said they would take care of it . He was still going to court where where we live and was granted a zero. She somehow was given custody and the county where she lives decided to continue using the case opened fraudulently . We have gone in there several times and filed RFO just to have them lose his paperwork and tell us that we have to fill it out again and they just consolidated support case with the family case. He would have never agreed since the support case was open when his kids lived with him. We need help.

1 Lawyer Answer
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Sorry but this is confusing. Sit down with a local attorney to discuss your options. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.