Washington, DC asked in Criminal Law for Michigan

Q: My fiances case files says closed all counts have been sentenced but his probation guy is trying to charge him with

Another violation and give him more time is this legal? And how can we fight this? He was sentenced 09/09/22 and he's had 3 more court dates that they keep pushing back now it's 10/06/22. They also give no paperwork to his attorney before court but want them to take the sentence and told they don't have time for them to consult on the matter (fiance AND HIS ATTORNEY) just to know facts fiance has a lawsuit against van Buren county sheriff's department and one of their officers. The officer ran him over on his motorcycle

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Sounds like a probation violation, which can happen. He needs to stay in close contact with his attorney, who will be in contact with his probation agent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.