Paramount, CA asked in Employment Law for California

Q: Can a company offer switch from to part time employment due to health issues. Then take back part time offer once accpe?

I am on my final days with an agency. So I found out I had certain health issues and discussed my possible resignation with the agency. The person in charge stated that if I wanted to consider staying on board for 10 hours a week so that I had time to take care of myself and continue to work. I stated I would think about it over the weekend. Come Monday I decided to talk to employer, I told him after much consideration I had decided to take the part time position with 10 hours a week. He proceeded to state that it was not in his best interest so that was off the table and I had to resign.