Freeport, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: Timesharing plan never made legal with court and the mom won't follow through and set a court date been a year now

We were never married and she just moved out last month. She wont set a mediation or court date and its been over a year and im stuck in limbo. They say I can't do anything because she was the petitioner. Can I just have her plan thrown out and started over with a new petition by me or what can I do? She was arrested for DV in front of our son but bc cps got involved i dropped the case. CPS made it seem if I didn't drop the case my son could be taken by the state if I allowed her time with him. Soon as I dropped the case the next day she had filed the timesharing plan stating im a danger and need supervised visits.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pamela J. Fero
Pamela J. Fero
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: To ensure your child's safety and well-being, you must establish a timesharing plan with the court. You should consult with a family lawyer to determine the best way to proceed with your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.