Sacramento, CA asked in Estate Planning for California

Q: How does someone collect property left to them in a trust?

The deed wasn't transferred from amended trust. I was misrepresented and no one went to the court date on my behalf. My lawyer didnt tell me about the property or IRA accounts I inherited. The accts. We're opened in 2016 and I found out this year. The bank keeps lying to me and continues to give my money to someone who isn't me. I can't do any of this alone obviously but scared it's going to be to late of I don't do something soon. Please help atleast point me to anyone that might have advice or could possibly help me. It would definitely benefit anyone that decided to help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Contact the trustee. If they are not doing their jobs, you can petition the court to make them do their job.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.