Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: How do I request for modification of criminal protection order as the victim I want defendant to wear ankle monitor?

The DA will not respond to my emails I have begged for help. My attacker will come after me when released from CDCR. I will become un-homed to protect my parents from any more danger

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can seek a remedy in civil court under either a DVRO or a CHRO. You can specifically ask for such a request. However, no guarantees on the judge signing off on it, but can be worth a shot.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.