Stockton, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: Is there something I can do to move forward with my daughters? Am I able to attend games and graduations?

My ex and I have been in a nasty custody battle for the last 8 years. She has accused me of everything from not feeding my daughters to sexual abuse. All unfounded and untrue. Because I did not have a lawyer and she did, the Judge ordered that I was not to contact my daughters except through therapy visits. My daughters, being coached, refuse to attend. I've left them alone for the past 2 years. With therapists saying they'd come around in college years. Not sure what to do. Want to go to there games and extra curricular activities but not sure if I'm able to attend. Their mother is notorious for making big scenes in the past when I attended functions. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eliza Jasinska
Eliza Jasinska
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Please contact a family law attorney to review your custody agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.