Antioch, TN asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Tennessee

Q: I inherited property pro ste is over land is in my name can a family member protest court decision and try take half

The land is in my name I pay the taxes probate court is over its been a year I want to sell a piece of the property that is in my name can she get half money even though she didn't didn't want anything to do with it or come forward..they still haven't but I'm just worried about a title search please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hire an attorney to search the title and determine heirship. Owners have rights, which include Partition actions. Land usually does not go through Estates, but Probate may have to close prior to clearing title.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.