Asked in Contracts and Civil Litigation for Georgia

Q: I am having difficulty receiving a refund that is owed from a previous auto ins policy.. is there anyone who can assist?

I am having difficulty receiving a refund that is owed from a previous auto ins policy.. is there anyone who can assist? The policy was cancel because I moved to a new state. I am owed a refund and I am yet to receive it, almost 3 months. I have been given a run around. I am wondering if there is anyone who can help me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. Yes, there are attorneys who can help you - an experienced civil litigation attorney could handle something like this. But based on the size of the refund, you might be able to save money by handling the matter yourself in small claims court, if it falls within acceptable types of cases (nationwide, many state court systems usually have online resources outlining monetary caps and types of cases their small claims divisions handle). Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.