Houston, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: I am filing for Divorce, Husband is threatening me to disclose an income I did not report to get Medicaid for my ill son

We got separated 5 years ago, I moved to another state and I had a Baby that was born with Heart complications, I applied for Medicaid for his Insurance but when I asked my husband for a divorce he threatened to disclose an income that he paid me for a portion of a sold property that at that time was common property and I did not report it to Medicaid.

Can I get into trouble if a proceed to file for Divorce?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: File for divorce. If he reports you he is reporting himself too. He sounds like a jerk.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.