Birmingham, AL asked in Real Estate Law for Alabama

Q: can Adverse possession in Alabama be pursued during and enjectment? Will I know if and enjectment is filed in court?

Lived on property for 27 years I purchased the mobile home from individual that was on private lot I did pay a lot rent fee 75 a month to who I was made to me believe was the rightful owner but after 17 or so years I find out she has not owned the property since two years before me movin in so for 27 years never have I met or been àintroduced or even spoken to the person on the title. Theres so much more to this and in desperate need of help before I loose any rights I may have thanks in advance any.advice givin would be greatly appreciated

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Has an Ejectment action been filed? If so, then you must hire a competent AL attorney now to file an Answer and defend you. If no suit, you may be able to shore up your claim of ownership, with or without color of title.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.