Asked in Immigration Law for Illinois

Q: · Is it legal for me to work with a B1/B2 visa?

· Is it legal for me to work with a B1/B2 visa?

· I hold a Jordanian passport with B1/B2 visa; am I eligible to file Adjustment of Status?

· If yes, how much will it cost me to craft and structure the file for the legal status change formalities from B1/B2 visa to green card?

· Is it a single transaction or multiple?

· Advice required documents in detail.

· How long might the legal procedures to change the visa status take?

· Are all legal formalities in the United States (States) the same? Is New Jersey the same as Chicago or another state?

· What forms are required to change the visa status?

· How much the official costs associated with USCIS with official receipts

· What is the normal lawyer fee?

· Can you provide me with a sample of a visa adjustment agreement between a lawyer and an applicant?

· Is there a time frame we could agree on with the appointed lawyer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: In general, no. You can only temporarily solicit orders for a foreign company at trade shows, among other actions that do not result in remuneration in the U.S. for work done after entry.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before there are any other complications.

Avoid fee sensitivity and pay for an in depth evaluation where you discuss lawful immigration options.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.