Dallas, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: Going through a divorce and can’t afford a lawyer. Judge issued a court order to exchange appraisal list within 30 days?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: In divorce proceedings, it is usually required that the spouses exchange a sworn Inventory & Appraisement early in the case. A form is available in Section 7 of Volume 1 of the Texas Family Law Practice Manual (3rd ed). Your County Law Library should carry this Manual. The librarian can help you locate the Manual and show you how to make a copy of the form, but cannot assist you in completing your I&A (that would be the unauthorized practice of law). The form itself is fairly detailed and requires a lot of information, but it is perfectly straightforward.

If you have questions about what property is included in your marital estate, whether it is separate or community, or whether you have any equitable contribution or reimbursement claims, you really need to hire an attorney who practices in the area of family law to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.